Saturday, October 17, 2009

New York with Savanah

Savanah and I went to New York and had fun. It was cold and wet (luckily we new this in advance so we dressed warm and packed umbrellas and ponchos (we didn't end up using the ponchos though). Savanah as always was a good sport. Here are a few of the things we did and a few spots we visited.


The view from Belvedere Castle in Central Park


FAO Schwartz the soldier behind Savanah is made out of jelly beans (and there were 2 of them) and of course Savanah played on the big piano


The Tavern on the Green was surround by shaped trees - in this photo she is in front of a rearing horse (they also had a giant gorilla, bunny, elephant, and swans).


Rented bikes to go through Central Park (and yes I am riding a bike behind her and taking this shot at the same time)


Staten Island Ferry


Time Square - Hershey Factory (also liked M&M and Toys R US)


Financial District, WTC and ground zero

2 comments:

Jonie said...

I love the idea of renting bicycles in the park you would be able to see so much more of it. Looks like you had a great time

Jodi Jo said...

What a beautiful girl Savanah is! I didn't know you guys were gone, but I am glad you had fun. New York is a place that I would like to go someday.